Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This is me...

So, let's get a few things done and over with. I am a 24-year-old photojournalist (I work for the Middletown Press), I am very much a "city girl"- I grew up in New London, went to school in Boston. Now, I live back in NL, in a funky little apartment downtown, although it seems like I spend more time in Middletown, since I work there.

One other thing- I love to cook. Growing up, my mom was the pastry chef at The Flood Tide Restaurant at The Inn at Mystic. She was always in the kitchen and I was right there with her. Since then, I've grown much less interested in baking sweets (I leave that to my mom- no one is better than she is), and gotten very into cooking- all kinds of things. What I guess I should say is that I am trying to teach myself to cook. I seem to have a natural knack for it, but I lack any kind of education in it. I'm taking the "read up on it, see it done, and experiment" approach.

I like to say that I'm not picky... but it's a total lie. I don't eat red meat, for the simple reason that one day, when I was 12, I decided I wasn't going to eat it anymore. I don't like sushi, jello, cilantro, chick peas... among other things. That may make me sound a lot pickier than I actually am... but you'll probably figure out that I will try just about anything, and try it again to see if I like it "this time" (including the four "gross" foods listed above).

What I plan to do with this blog is pretty simple: Try a new recipe, food, gadget, etc, then tell you about it. I'll take plenty of pictures so you can get your own taste of it, and maybe sometime down the line I'll work in some videos. Who knows? It's gonna be fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment